Even though we provide hosting & email services to our customers, we’re not the company that manages the server physically. Therefore, for any web hosting related issues, our web hosting partner takes care of the maintenance, fixes, updates and repairs of the server.
Hosting downtime is inevitable at this price point, and from time to time, the website will inevitably experience down time to cover server reboots, operating system and web server management software security update installations, server crashing, hacking attempts, DDOS etc.
There may be instances of longer down-time due to hardware faults, electrical faults, connectivity issues or acts of nature. We do not have control over these issues, and therefore we cannot be held responsible for server downtime. Should you wish to host your website on servers with a 100% uptime record, please get in touch with us and we will quote accordingly.
We have taken many precautions including:
- Daily (on-site) server backup (Handled by our web hosting provider)
- The option for each client to purchase a secondary off-site backup (via a 3rd party) for a small yearly fee.
- Implemented various security protocols to protect the server and each individual website aginst hacking, malware and data and/or database corruption.
- Update the server software often to close off known security vulnerabilities.
- Provide the option for each client through the maintenance agreement to routinely check each website for vulnerabilities, outdated software etc. at a small yearly fee.
No internet-connected system is ever 100% safe from these issues, and we cannot be held responsible for when any such issue/s arise. In the unlikely event of this happening, we will strive to restore your website/s and email services. Depending on the severity of the issue, the restoration of service may take from just a few minutes to several days. Should your website be mission-critical and require additional assurance that such downtime cannot happen, please let us know so that we can recommend better hosting services that will include additional redundancy to avoid any downtime.
We took it upon ourselves to purchase the highest level SLA with our web hosting partner, which provide us with very short response times to issues. Always keep in mind however that issues outside of our or our partner’s control may result in downtime or slow down of service to you and/or your clients.