According to several top online publications and independent companies, it is now estimated that between 25 to 30% of all websites being built today, is being built on WordPress. top notch publications such as The New York Times and CNN, icons such as Jay-Z and Katy Perry and other large companies such as eBay and UPs are now using WordPress in some form or another to manage their online projects.
WordPress is also our CMS of choice for the majority of our projects. This is due to several advantages that we have listed below.
- Easy to use: WordPress is very easy to use, and therefore for clients that wish to manage and maintain their own websites, it is an excellent pick.
- Manage your website from anywhere: There is no software to install on your computer, and therefore, you can manage and maintain your website from anywhere in the world.
- No coding knowledge is required: To manage and maintain a WordPress, you do not need to learn any type of coding. If you know how to use word processing applications, then you should not have any problems.
- Open source: WordPress is built as an open-source software, therefore you are not locked to one provider forever once you decide to go for it. Once you have a WordPress website, it can be moved to whoever provider you prefer.
- Lots of built-in features: WordPress provides several built-in features, therefore cutting development time considerably. This means that you can have your website up and running in a relatively short time.
- Multiple users: This system also allows you to have different users set up, and each user can be allowed to manage their own set of pages. This is handy when you have different employees managing different areas of the business.
- SEO (Search engine optimisation) ready: WordPress is very search engine friendly, and this gives you full control on which pages you want to rank high in search engines
- Responsive design: Most of the websites built with WordPress are made to be responsive, and therefore, work very well on mobile devices.
We could go on with this list forever, as there are so many benefits of using WordPress for your website. Should you be interested to build your own website using WordPress, please do get in touch with us for a quote. We are one of Malta’s leading WordPress developers and have been working with this system since 2004.